2. Overwatch and Format
1.1. Player Eligibility
All players participating in Overwatch competitions must enter their Overwatch BattleTag game ID. The game account is needed to invite players into a custom match and to check if the correct player is playing. In order to participate in tournaments & ladders by SKL, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have an active Overwatch BattleTag in good standing
- You must be a member of the SKL discord (discord.gg/sklesports)
If you do not meet these requirements, you will be deemed ineligible.
Team rosters must consist of 6 players to participate in a tournament. Teams are only allowed to play with players on their roster with a registered game account. All roster changes must be made prior to the start of the tournament. Playing with different players and/or illegal ringers will result in punishment.
1.3. Game version
All players must install the newest version of the game in order to participate in SKL tournaments. Updates must be installed before the tournament starts, so delays will be at a minimum.
1.4. Technical Issues
Teams are responsible for their own technical issues (hardware/internet). Matches will not be rescheduled because of technical issues and matches will be played nevertheless. If the maximum pause time is exceeded, the game goes on, even if the issue is not solved yet.
2. Overwatch Tournament Rules
2.1. Overwatch Tournament Format
2.1.1. Match Settings
- Rule set: Competitive
- High bandwidth: On
- Game mode:
- Best of 3 (note: this is subject to change based on attendance. If time constraints are a problem, SKL will notify teams ahead of time of any format changes)
- Map rotation:Single map
- Return to lobby:After a game
- The higher seed starts the map veto. In the case that both teams are seeded equal, a coin will be flipped to determine who gets first ban. A team may veto any map, but no 2 maps from the same game type can be vetoed (Team 1 can veto 1 Assault, Hybrid, or Escort map. If Team 1 veto’d an Assault map, Team 2 can veto and 1 Hybrid or Escort map. Then Team 1 bans a map from the remaining format)
- Available maps:
- Assault: Hanamura and Volskaya Industries
- Hybrid: King’s Row and Hollywood
- Escort: Route 66 and Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Hero selection limit:1 per team
- All heroes are currently allowed. Any new heroes between now and March 24 are subject for discussion by the SKL Admins
- Disable kill cam:On
- In case of a tie on Assault, Hybrid or Escort a Best of One Control map is to be played (For this tournament, SKL’s Control Map is Ilios). The team that captures the first objective fully, on the first point of the control map will win the tied map.
- Recordings and/or screenshots from each round are required
- In SKL matches it is forbidden to use the pause without an obvious reason, such as player disconnects. Custom game host/moderator have to pause the game immediately when a team request it in chat.
- Team that requested pause need to announce the reason before or immediately after pause.
- Each team is granted a total of 10 minutes pause time during the match.
- When resuming the game from pause, both teams need to confirm in chat that they are ready to continue.
- If total pause time of 10 minutes runs out, the game has to be resumed, no matter if the issue got fixed or not. If one team refuses to resume the game, the oppose team will receive a default win.
- Admins hold the right to request teams to pause during the match in case of any other issues, and the time used to pause the match will not count for the team it was requested to.
Abusing the pause time can lead into punishment or direct team disqualification. Screenshots to prove of the abuse have to be uploaded into the match page.
2.3. Map Pick/Veto
Unless otherwise specified, the map pick/veto rules are as follows:
- The highest seeded team will be chosen to start the pick & ban phase
- Contestants ban maps until number of maps needed. There will be a total of 3 maps banned (1 Hybrid, 1 Escort and 1 Assault). The Control Map tie breaker will always be Ilios.
- Maps are played in the following order: Escort, Hybrid, Assault.
2.4. Custom Match Settings
2.4.1. Rule Set
- Rule set: Competitive
2.4.2. Map Options
- Map rotation: After a game
- Map order: Single Map
- Return to lobby: After a game
- Disable all maps except for the map that is to be played.
2.4.4. Hero Options
- Hero selection limit: 1 per team
- Role selection limit: None
- Allow Hero Switching: On
- Respawn as random hero: Off
- All heroes are to be set as “on” unless otherwise instructed.
2.4.6. Gameplay Options
- High bandwidth: On
- Control game mode format: Best of 3
- Health modifier: 100%
- Damage modifier: 100%
- Healing modifier: 100%
- Ultimate charge rate modifier: 100%
- Respawn time modifier: 100%
- Ability cooldown modifier: 100%
- Disable skins: Off
- Disable health bars: Off
- Disable kill cam: On
- Disable kill feed: Off
- Headshots only: Off
2.4.7. Team Options
- Team balancing: Off
- When balancing occurs: After a mirror match
SKL currently hosts tournaments in Americas Regions.
2.6. Game preparations
Please resolve any problems that might occur before a match starts. Agreements between the teams/players have to be posted as match comments. The match must be played with the right settings. Make sure all players are eligible to play. In team games, all players must be registered for their corresponding team.
2.7. Substitute Players
Substitutes cannot begin playing in a series that has already begun. Keep in mind that the substitute must be approved by SKL Admins before tournament start.
2.8. No show
If a participant is not ready to play 15 minutes after the scheduled match time the match will be a forfeit for that team.
2.9. Number of players
Matches should be played as example in 6on6 with 12 players, if a side is missing a player the match can be played with less people but only if both teams agree.
In the case that a player(s) disconnects, the team is allowed to continue to play the match at a disadvantage.
Participants can choose to forfeit a match if they wish. Forfeiting will result in loss of the match.
If a match was incorrectly reported by your opponents, report this to an SKL Admin. Match protests must include media evidence clearly showing the results of the match/series. Teams are responsible for providing proof of match results in case of disputes.
Observers are allowed only if both teams agree. Exceptions to this rule are, SKL admins and people that are given permission by an admin (e.g. shout casters or streamer). Under no conditions are teams allowed to play with referees other than SKL referees.