General & Game Settings:
- Competition Method: 5 vs. 5
- Map pool: Valve’s Active Duty map pool
Note: In the event that Valve changes the map pool, we will follow the change the following week.
- Game Mode: Competitive MR15 ($16,000) with MR3 Overtime ($10,000)
- Platform: FACEIT with Anti-Cheat enabled
- Veto System: SKL Veto System (SVS)
- Side Selection: Players will knife for sides
- Restrictions: Agents/Operators will NOT be allowed in competition
- Region: North America (any rank)
To join your team’s game lobby, the team captain must queue the team in the FACEIT Hub at the specified time.
Summary of Key Points
- Entry Fee for Team: $25
- Season Start: May 4th, 2020
- Season End: July-September (dependant on number of teams registered – including playoffs)
- Format: Bo2 per team/week – total number of weeks depends on the number of teams registered + Bo3 Playoffs
- 1st: TBD
- 2nd: TBD
- 3rd/4th: TBD
- Registration: Registration for Season 4 will close Friday May 1st, 2020 @ 11:59PM CST (local Saskatchewan time).
- Each team will rate their maps from most wanted to play to least wanted to play for that week. An algorithm will then be used to determine the fairest match between the two teams. Basically, the two maps with the lowest totals are played.
- Team 1
- Team 2
- The maps played would be de_train and de_overpass
- The algorithm is based on these 3 factors:
- Rankings of each map
- Differences between maps on both teams
- Differences between the two maps on Team 1 & Team 2
- Your 7th ranked map is essentially your perma-ban. You will most likely be playing one of your top 4 ranked maps and progressively less likely to play the bottom 3.
- Team 1
Note: Algorithm available upon request
- All teams must inform NoSleep of their availability and map rankings that week by Saturday. Teams must have a minimum of 3 days available to play that week in order to make scheduling fair for both teams. If a team does not submit their ranked maps for that week, the previous week will be used by default.
- Note: Teams should not disclose to anyone other than NoSleep their ranked maps for the week to avoid an unfair advantage to the other team.
- The schedule for the week will be released every Sunday with the maps you will be playing on for that week.
- Team captains are required to use #scheduling in the Discord when scheduling matches.
- Teams will have until the following Sunday to play their matches. Both games may be played back-to-back in one day if agreed upon by both teams, or between two days that same week.
Stoppage of Play:
- Unintentional Disconnection: One player losing connection to the game due to problems or issues with the game client, platform, network, or PC.
- Game Leaving/Intentional Disconnection: One player losing connection to the game due to player’s actions (i.e. quitting the game).
- Server Crash: Multiple players losing connection due to an issue with a server or platform.
Stoppage of Play Procedure/Pause Rules:
- If a player intentionally disconnects without specifying a reason, then the game will continue as normal.
- If a server crash occurs, then an admin will decide either between (a) restarting the game or (b) awarding the game to one of the teams. As a guideline, a game victory will only be awarded in a situation where one team was on the verge of certain defeat (e.g. a team was up 15 rounds).
- Each team will be allotted 2 minutes of timeouts (4 timeouts of 30 seconds) each game.
- If a player pauses or unpauses a game without permission outside of their allotted timeouts, they’ll be subject to penalties according to the league rules.
- !pause will be reserved for technical timeouts and the affected team must state in global chat why they are pausing the game.
- If a team pauses the game without a valid reason, an admin may penalize, or resume the game as normal.
Admin’s discretion & Restart Request:
The teams can request a restart of the game by pausing the game and stating the reason why in the in-game chat to notify the other team. The team captain of the affected team then will contact an admin and notify of the situation. The admin will make the decision whether or not to continue the game or rule a restart. The team will be penalized only if they are proven to have intentionally requested for a restart with false or misleading reason(s). When restart is ruled, the team captains are responsible to ensure that all correct players’ intended game settings are in place.
Offenses Resulting in Penalties:
All participating players are required to be inside the game lobby no later than 10 minutes after the start of their scheduled matches.
- Delay of game (team not ready to start at game start) – will be penalized at the discretion of an admin depending on length of delay.
Note: There may be some exceptions at the admin’s discretion (E.g. player having technical difficulty requiring a computer restart).
The following actions will be considered unfair play and will be subject to penalties at the discretion of league officials.
- Collusion – Collusion is defined as cooperation or conspiracy to cheat or deceive others. The cooperation or conspiracy can occur among players, teams, and/or organizations. The list of conspirators is not exhaustive. Collusion includes, but is not limited to, acts such as:
- Soft play, which is defined as any player not adhering to a reasonable standard of competition in a game.
- Pre-arranging to split prize money and/or any other form of compensation.
- Deliberately losing a game for compensation, or for any other reason, or attempting to induce another player to do so.
- Match-Fixing – No team member may offer, agree, conspire, or attempt to influence the outcome of a game or match by any means that are prohibited by law or these rules.
- Competitive Integrity – Teams are expected to play at their best at all times within any game (regardless of potential outcome), and to avoid any behavior inconsistent with the principles of good sportsmanship, honesty, or fair play.
- Hacking – Hacking is defined as any modification of a competitor’s PC (or other hardware being used in a game), server, internet connection or the CS:GO client by any player, team or person acting on behalf of a player or a team.
- Exploiting – Exploiting is defined as intentionally using any bug to seek an advantage. Exploiting includes, but is not limited to the known bugs or functions within CS:GO that, in the sole determination of league officials, is not functioning as intended..
- Cheating Methods – The use of any kind of cheating device and/or cheat program, or any similar cheating method.
- League Discretion – Any other further act, failure to act, or behavior which, in the sole judgment of league officials, violates these rules and/or the standards of integrity established by the league for competitive gameplay.
Player Conduct Towards Others
- Profanity and Hate Speech – A team member may not use language that is obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive or objectionable; or promote or incite hatred or discriminatory conduct.
- Abusive Behavior – Abuse of SKL officials, opposing team Members, or anyone affiliated with the league will not be tolerated. Repeated etiquette violations, including but not limited to touching another Player’s computer, body or property will result in penalties. team members must treat all individuals attending a match with respect.
- Harassment – Harassment is forbidden. Harassment is defined as systematic, hostile and repeated acts taking place over a considerable period of time, or a singular egregious instance, which is/are intended to isolate or ostracize a person and/or affect the dignity of the person.
- Sexual Harassment. Sexual harassment is forbidden. Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances. The assessment is based on whether a reasonable person would regard the conduct as undesirable or offensive. There is zero tolerance for any sexual threats/coercion or the promise of advantages in exchange for sexual favors.
- Discrimination and Denigration. Team members may not offend the dignity or integrity of a country, private person or group of people through contemptuous, discriminatory or denigrating words or actions on account of race, skin color, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, language, religion, political opinion or any other opinion, financial status, birth or any other status, sexual orientation or any other reason.
Reporting unsportsmanlike conduct:
Unsportsmanlike or toxic behavior and other violations of the terms of service will not be tolerated. Since this league will mostly be self governed, if you find another player/team to be acting against the rules listed herein, please report this individual to a league official along with evidence of your claims. You can reach our officials at any time at our Discord.
- Roster Size: A minimum roster size of 5 is required. Substitute players must be registered when signing up the team, with a maximum of 2 substitutes.
- Each team is required to have a team captain. The team captain will have the responsibility to contact league officials and admins outside of game with any information regarding the league. The team captain will also be required to communicate with other team captains for scheduling purposes.
- In-game names that contain profanity or vulgar words are not permitted.
- All in-game name changes must be reported to an admin before changing. Failure to do so could result in removal from the league if the league officials cannot verify that the name change occurred.
- Players may not play on multiple teams during the same season. If it is found that a player has played with the same or different accounts on multiple teams, both teams will be disqualified at the time of discovery. This includes being used as a stand-in/ringer.
- Roster lock will occur 2 weeks prior to playoffs. No adds, trades, or drops will be permitted after this time.
- If a team qualifies for the playoffs, that team must have 4 original members from the original 7 from the regular season available for the playoffs in order to compete. Each team must have a minimum of 5 players attending the playoffs.
- If it is found that a roster has a player that is not a player from North America, that team will be penalized.
- A $25 registration fee per team for each qualifier (this covers all players including substitutes)
- The registration fee must be paid before May 11th at 11:59PM, or you may be disqualified.
- Registration fees are not refundable after the season starts, and will not be refunded if your team is disqualified for any reason.
- It is at the discretion of the league officials to modify any of the rules to ensure fair play between teams in a league. The rules could potentially be amended in the following cases:
- A different patch/version release is used and modifications to the rules are necessary to ensure fair play.
- Players are suspected or proven to be engaging in unfair play or collusion to fix a match.
- Given certain extraordinary circumstances not covered specifically in these rules, the league officials reserve the right to penalize teams and players based on the information and details presented to them. Penalties resulting from these extraordinary circumstances can include, but are not limited to those defined within these rules and will be determined on a case by case basis by the league officials.
Random matches will be chosen to be streamed on the SKL Esports Twitch Community channel throughout the course of the season.
Lastly, the most important rule for the season: HAVE FUN
If you have any questions, feel free to ask on our Discord.